Liverpool transfer news live updates as Arne Slot's side look to refresh the squad after an underwhelming Premier League title defence this seasonHello and welcome to Tuesday's Liverpool FC transfer news live blog on May 19.We will be bringing you all the latest from Anfield as Arne Slot and Liverpool's transfer chiefs set about giving the squad a refresh after an underwhelming Premier League title defence.This season has not gone as planned for the Reds after last season's success and now the club's focus will be on shifting players who do not have a future at the club and bringing in fresh faces to revamp Slot's ranks.Among those who could move to the club is Paris Saint-Germain winger Bradley Barcola, who could swap Paris for Liverpool as a potential Mohamed Salah replacement.We will keep you up to date with all the latest Liverpool transfer news and rumours right here on the blog below...Key EventsYan Diomande makes fresh claim surrounding futureView PostNew LFC kit released todayLiverpool FC and adidas have today unveiled the club’s new 2026-27 home kit. It is inspired by the iconic adidas strip worn during the club's memorable 1989-90 title-winning season.The new home shirt draws inspiration from the original adidas design, instantly recognisable for its dynamic geometric pattern, combining timeless club heritage with modern performance design.The deep red base is elevated through a contemporary all-over graphic that echoes the visual language of the late-80s original, while delivering a sharper, modern execution. Clean white detailing across the club crest, adidas logo and trims reinforces the classic aesthetic, while the reimagined print channels the energy and attitude of 80s football culture.You can buy the new home kit here.Colwill latestLiverpool target Levi Colwill is not currently in talks over an improved contract at Chelsea, according to Sky Sports. The England international has three years left on his current deal at Stamford Bridge.Reports last week had suggested that Colwill is in talk with Chelsea over improved terms, but Sky believe that's not the case amid rumours linking him with a move to Liverpool this summer.Camara price revealedAccording to Football Insider, Monaco will demand around £40million for Lamine Camara as Liverpool eye a potential move for the midfielder this summer.Arne Slot is set to focus on bolstering his midfield options in the transfer window, as several stars including Alexis Mac Allister are linked with moves away from Anfield.22-year-old Camara has impressed for Monaco this season, starring in the Champions League and making 31 appearances across all competitions.Liverpool stance on JonesAccording to The Times, Liverpool feel their £35million valuation of Curtis Jones is justified because it is a similar amount to the fee Tottenham paid Atletico Madrid for Conor Gallagher in January.Inter Milan are among those interested in signing Jones and have been informed of the price required for the midfielder to transfer to Serie A this summer.Salah defendedJermaine Pennant has defended Mohamed Salah after the Liverpool forward issued a bombshell social media statement on Saturday.Salah, 33, who confirmed in late-March that he will leave the Reds at the end of the season, launched a brutal attack on the club and appeared to take aim at Arne Slot following his side's 4-2 defeat at Aston Villa on Friday."What Mo Salah has said, every single fan feels the same way and would say the same thing," he said on talkSPORT."Mo Salah, there's no player bigger than the club, but there's a player bigger than the manager and, unfortunately, Mo Salah has been at Liverpool a lot longer than Arne Slot. Mo Salah's won more things at Liverpool than Arne Slot. So, he has every single right."He's a legend for Liverpool, he single-handedly almost won the league last season, so he has every right to come out and say this is not good enough, this is not what Liverpool's DNA is, he has every single right and that's not throwing Arne Slot under the bus, he's stating the obvious."Varela interestAccording to German Garcia Grova on X - an Argentine journalist - Liverpool could come back in for old target and Porto midfielder Alan Varela.The Argentine has just clinched the Primeira Liga title with Porto and is expected to leave the club this summer. "Alan Varela would leave Porto in this transfer window," he said. "Man Utd, Liverpool and other clubs are after the Argentine midfielder according to European media reports. His contract with the Portuguese team expires in June 2030."Liverpool 'plotting Dumfries move'Liverpool are 'plotting a move' to sign Inter Milan and Netherlands defender Denzel Dumfries to solve their right-back issues this summer, according to journalist Pete O'Rourke.The Reds are in the market for a new right-sided defender amid their issues in that position following Trent Alexander-Arnold's move to Real Madrid last year. Jeremie Frimpong was signed as a replacement for the England international, but has often played in a more advanced role during his time at Anfield, while Conor Bradley has been out since January with a serious knee injury.Dumfries, 30, has been at Inter for the last five years, accumilating more than 200 appearances in the process, winning the Serie A title on two occasions.Liverpool transfer target set for new contractA potential Liverpool transfer blow has emerged with summer target Maxence Lacroix set for Crystal Palace contract extension talks.That update is according to Teamtalk, who have stated the Eagles are looking to reward his good form with fresh terms that may see his wage increase significantly.Liverpool have already bostered their defensive ranks with a pre-contract agreement for Jeremy Jacquet. However, further additions could be possible with Ibrahima Konate out of contract in the summer, though he is expected to sign a new deal and Virgil van Dijk turning 35 this summer.Diomande message reminderJust in case you missed it, Liverpool transfer target Yan Diomande had a clear answer when questioned on his RB Leipzig future.According to Kicker via GOAL, when asked if he would be remaining in Leipzig next season, Diomande said: "Yes."He added: "I'm not thinking about that right now. I'm in Leipzig and I enjoy playing here. In the end, it's always the statistics that count. It's been a fantastic year for me."Pereira on Anderson futureLiverpool could do with someone like Elliot Anderson in their midfield and that was further proven by his sensational performance for Nottingham Forest against Manchester United.Anderson grabbed two assists in their defeat at Old Trafford with Forest boss Vitor Pereira later asked whether he will still be at the club next season.This is an answer that I don’t have. The market is the market, everything can happen. What I can say to you is the club wants to keep him playing for us for sure. The club wants to keep the players. This is a very good group with quality, with character and we are in a very good place for the next season.Liverpool sent Salah replacement messageFormer Arsenal and Chelsea defender William Gallas wants Liverpool to sign a Paris Saint-Germain attacker as their Mohamed Salah replacement.He said earlier this month: "Liverpool could sign Bradley Barcola or Khvicha Kvaratskhelia to replace Mohamed Salah."I like Kvaratskhelia, he's a fighter, and the way he plays would fit the Premier League really well. I can't imagine Ousmane Dembele joining Liverpool, though, he's injured too often. He wouldn't be able to play in every game because of the intensity of the Premier League, but I think Kvaratskhelia can."Adeyemi to Liverpool transfer 'update'Another transfer window, another Liverpool transfer rumour surrounding Karim Adeyemi.The Germany international has just concluded his fourth season at Borussia Dortmund with 10 goals and six assists in 39 appearances. Despite that, Dortmund are open to selling him, as per Teamtalk, if offers between €60-70million (£52.2-60.9m) are made.Their report states that Liverpool are 'closely observing' the situation while Chelsea and Manchester United have also been credited with a strong interest.Van Dijk pays tribute to Salah and RobertsonLiverpool captain Virgil van Dijk has issued glowing verdicts on Mohamed Salah and Andy Robertson as the duo prepare to play their final games for the club.He told Liverpool's official channels: "I think it's pretty difficult to sum it up [what they have done for the club]. Obviously in a good way, of course."They've meant so much to the club, they've meant so much to me personally, they have meant so much to all the successes that we have achieved over all those years."And obviously as the human beings they are, I think it's tough to replace that, it's tough to move on from that, but that's life as well. They have been absolutely amazing to be working with, to be playing with, to be having around and I'm 100 per cent going to miss them."Morientes: 'Ego outbursts are normal at big clubs'Former Liverpool striker Fernando Morientes has weighed in on the furore following Mohamed Salah's social media post.The Spaniard has played down its importance as he highlights egos within the elite football clubs and Liverpool are no different.He told BetBrothers:"I think it is a problem at all big clubs. I follow the big teams. Liverpool had issues with Salah. Barcelona do not have problems now because they are winning the league. Atlético have had issues between the coach and certain players. Players at Real Madrid have big egos, that is true, but that is why you choose a coach who can channel those egos in the right sporting direction. When things are not going well at Real Madrid, everything becomes a problem: the egos, the big players, the coach, the decisions. That is normal."Liverpool confirm Andy Robertson and Mohamed Salah tributesLiverpool have confirmed that mosaics are planned to bid farewell to Andy Robertson and Mohamed Salah on Sunday.The Kop will lead the tribute to Salah while the lower Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand will honour Robertson before kick-off.Volunteers are invited to heklp prepare the mosaics on Saturday morning, details can be found here.Liverpool named in hunt for Karim AdeyemiLiverpool "cannot be discounted" in the hunt to sign Karim Adeyemi, according to TEAMtalk.It has been claimed that Borussia Dortmund are keen to cash in on the forward with the prospect of being a free transfer in the summer. The suggestion is that the German club are open to cashing in on him this summer - if a bid around £60million comes in.In the report, Chelsea and Manchester United feature heavily and are reportedly in the mix.'Everything you shouldn't do as a footballer'Alexis Mac Allister hit the headlines during Friday's defeat to Aston Villa following his altercation with Ezri Konsa.The incident was described by Jamie Carragher as "embarrassing" and during Sky Sports this morning, the sentiment was echoed by Ref Watch's Jay Bothroyd.He poked fun comparing the fall from the Argentine as a dive, raising a number 10. He said:"This is embarrassing. This is terrible for kids watching this. I'm going to give this a 10 for form, for everything you shouldn't do as a football player. And it was him who started it! He pushed out at Konsa. Then he's gone down holding his face like he took a punch from Floyd Mayweather."Denzel Dumfries release clause to become activeAnother line from the earlier tale from The Times was that Liverpool have looked at Denzel Dumfries.The Inter defender is said to have a £22million release clause.The Dutchman won the Italian league this season and the 30-year-old has two years remaining on his contract.What Slot has said about Alisson futureArne Slot has been getting increasingly fed up by questions on Alisson's future at Liverpool. This was his latest response...Boring...same old answer. I am reading the same as you but I won't talk about it over here. You can ask as many times as you want in different ways, our fans need to support Alisson if it's his first or last. Our fans will support him tomorrow and next week and the same goes for next week."Alisson to Juventus latestThough looking at transfers should be exciting for Liverpool, unfortunately this one is not.Juventus continue to be strongly linked with a move for Alisson and now Italian outlet Calciomercato are reporting that his future depends on Liverpool.With his contract expiring in 2027, it is claimed Alisson will accept the club's decision to potentially leave on a free if they do not sell him this summer.The Brazil international has missed the last few months with injury but could return to the starting XI for Liverpool's final day clash at home to Brentford.Rio Ferdinand surprised by Alonso Liverpool snubRio Ferdinand has expressed his surprise at Xabi Alonso taking charge of Chelsea.The former Manchester United defender felt that he could have sat patiently and waited to see if Arne Slot was dismissed.He said:"I’m actually surprised he’s gone there. I’m not saying he’s the wrong choice. The reason I’m surprised he’s gone there is because I thought he would have been patient enough to wait and see how the Arne Slot situation at Liverpool would play out. Ex-Liverpool player, loved the club, always speaks well about the club, and you just think that was a relationship waiting to happen behind the scenes. If he’d just sat tight, the way things are going at the moment, the way things are unfolding at Liverpool, surely he’s next in the queue to get that job. But Chelsea have acted quickly, they’ve probably put something in front of him with some big numbers as well that has turned his head and he’s just thought, 'I’m going to go for it'. Or he’s just thought, 'Do you know what? I can’t just sit here, hope and wait, and be guessing about what’s going to happen at Liverpool if an opportunity like this is here'… it’s a big club, Chelsea."Mohamed Salah reaction: CommentsWe have had our first comment regarding the Mohamed Salah situation.Sign in, sign up, leave a comment in the comments section.Kopitelcubo said: "NO one player is bigger than the club, not even you, so enjoy your Last match , you have been a legend, but don't bite the hand that feeds you."Liverpool in talks to extend propsects contractTalks are ongoing with Liverpool looking to extend Joshua Abe's contract, the ECHO's Ian Doyle reports.A number of clubs are vying for the 15-year-old who netted eight goals in 10 U18 Premier League matches,Josh Sonni-Lambie and Luca Eden have also been named as success stories from the youth campaign.Liverpool interested in KoopmeinersTuttoSport have reported that Juventus are considering an exit for Teun Koopmeiners.The midfielder hasn't managed to reach the heights that earned him the move from Atalanta and now, the Italian outlet is reporting that his agents are working on a possible exit.Of course, Liverpool have been named.The Reds are said to have an interest emerging and 'attracted' at a possible deal for the 28-year-old, having tried to sign him two years ago.Roma and Galatasaray also rumoured to be interested.'Elliot Anderson a better option than Adam Wharton'Transfer hit lists then.Who would you sign? What positions do you want to improve on?Midfield looks like it may be an option. We have seen links with Crystal Palace midfielder Adam Wharton, could that be an option?Former Liverpool midfielder Danny Murphy has told aceodds that Nottingham Forest's Elliot Anderson, who is wanted by United and City, is a better fit.He said:"If I was to choose one I would choose Elliot Anderson. It's not because I don't like Wharton, I think he's a brilliant technically gifted footballer, but I think Anderson's athleticism and defensive work is better. He's more dynamic and he can play more roles. He can play as an eight, he can play as a six. I think he ticks a lot of boxes in what you need from a midfielder and now of course he'd like to add a few more goals and assists to his game to be more complete, but I think he'd find himself doing that in a better team. He'd suit the way Liverpool want to play, I think. Wharton is a more tactical player, a more 'sit in there and dictate play', he's very progressive, good passer, comfortable on the ball, very graceful. But I think if you're in the recruitment at Liverpool, you'd be looking at Elliot Anderson ahead of Wharton."Liverpool and Arsenal battle for Bradley BarcolaFrench outlet Le10Sport have been reporting on the Bradley Barcola situation.Eight days ago, they claimed that PSG have not ruled out the prospect of an exit for the French forward. Barcola has two years remaining on his deal in Paris but for him to leave, he would need to express a desire to depart.L'Equipe has followed suggesting that Liverpool are interested but face the conundrum of whether the move would stifle Rio Ngumoha's development.Arsenal have been suggested a possible challenger for his services by the same outlet.Inter Milan consider renewing Curtis Jones interest as Federico Chiesa price-tag emergesSerie A clubs appear to be licking their lips at the prospect of signing Liverpool players.The Times have reported that Inter Milan are considering reigniting their interest in Curtis Jones. However, the Reds value the academy graduate in the region of £35million and such a fee could be problematic for the Italian giants.Calciomercato are reporting that Liverpool want around €25million (£21m) for Federico Chiesa with Juventus and Napoli potential destinations.Yan Diomande makes fresh claim surrounding futureAnyway, transfers. That's the only thing I'm looking forward to about this summer and this season ending.Who stays? Who goes?There's plenty of discussion on social media and on the internet. The name that a lot of people and clubs have eyes on is Yan Diomande.According to Kicker via GOAL, the Ivorian has revealed he will be stay at RB Leipzig next season. The Bundesliga club face an immense fight to keep his services with Liverpool among the club monitoring his future.When asked about remaining in Leipzig next season, Diomande said: "Yes."Simple as you like then. Wrap it up, no more rumours, right?He added:"I'm not thinking about that right now. I'm in Leipzig and I enjoy playing here. In the end, it's always the statistics that count. It's been a fantastic year for me."We want to hear from youWhat happens next then?We want to hear from you.Do you believe Mohamed Salah is right in what he is saying? Should it be kept in-house at a crucial stage of the season?Or do you have any other thoughts you wish to voice.Sign in, sign up, leave a comment in the comments section.Also while you're at it, sign up to the Blood Red newsletter for news, views and exclusive features.Follow Liverpool Echo:
Click here to read article